Post Judgment Modifications

Whether you are paying or receiving support, substantial changes in your life can make you eligible for a reduction or increase of the court order for child support and maintenance (also known as spousal support or alimony). When your situation has changed, you should contact an experienced attorney who can help to make sure that your financial obligations accurately reflect your current situation.

At Murphy Johnson & Trampe S.C., our experienced legal team has helped clients in the Racine area and throughout southeastern Wisconsin successfully modify their court ordered support obligations.

One Attorney Dedicated to Your Case From Beginning to End


Milwaukee, Racine, Kenosha Child Support Modification Attorney

Any substantial change in your life or the life of your spouse may make you eligible for a modification to support payments. Typical changes include:

  • Losing a job (loss of employment)
  • Relocation for employment
  • Getting a raise
  • Change in parents’ schedules
  • Change in child’s schedule
  • Bankruptcy
  • Foreclosure
  • Illness

Milwaukee, Racine, Kenosha Failure to Follow Court Order/Contempt

If your spouse fails to follow a court order for support, he or she is in contempt and can face monetary loss or jail time. When your former spouse is unwilling or unable to meet his or her support obligations, you need an attorney to help you enforce the court’s order. If you are the party who is unable to meet your obligations, you may be eligible for a modification so that your obligations are reduced and you do not face fines or jail.